Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Clinic Cardio-Athlete Q&A 5/16/12

Default Cleveland Clinic Cardio-Athlete Q&A 5/16/12

If anyone is interested:

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/healt...px?ChatId=1373

Cardio-Athlete

Are you an athlete with a heart condition? Do you need to have heart surgery and are wondering how it will affect your ability to run a marathon, climb a mountain, return to skiing, tennis or cycling? Take this opportunity to have your questions about cardiovascular disease and exercise answered by a cardiovascular exercise physiologist from the Cleveland Clinic who has treated many "cardio-athletes".
    Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2012
    Time: 12:00 PM (EST)

Thanks for this information, I am very interested and plan on participating.

Why do they usually have these events on days when I have work meetings?

Thanks for posting.Writing it down in the planner

Me too! I'm off Wednesdays so this is perfect!
    Sandy C., RN, MSN, CCRN
    s/p CABG x 1 (RIMA to RCA) for anomalous right coronary artery on 3/25/10

Athletic Accomplishments Post-CABG:
    Campbell Oktoberfest 5K Run, October 2010
    San Jose Firefly 5K Run, October 2011
    San Jose Gladiator Rock N Run Obstacle Course 4 Mile Run, May 2012 (time 1:38)
    Silicon Valley Turkey Trot 5K, Thanksgiving Day 2012

Thanks for posting. I am working, so I guess I will have to schedule a meeting with myself during that timeslot so nobody tries to fill me calendar during that time.

Well, this might be a bit much but....there's no way I can be free during the question and answer time so....maybe...someone could ask this question for me and post the reply here??? The question being..well a little bit of background first. I had my bicusbid aortic valve and the upper part of my aorta replaced two years ago (aorta measured 5.3 centimeters). Before that I did triathlons up to and including Ironman distances. A cardiologist I spoke with is concerned that if I do more than about an hour of aerobic exercise a day, what's left of my natural aorta could expand again. My question is, What does he think of that possibility? Has he had any experience with that?

Thanks,
    Richard G.

You can preregister and post your question in advance - then read the transcript later. (I've done that and they did answer during the web chat)
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Thanks so much for posting this! Just registered.

Quote Originally Posted by rgardad View Post
    Well, this might be a bit much but....there's no way I can be free during the question and answer time so....maybe...someone could ask this question for me and post the reply here??? The question being..well a little bit of background first. I had my bicusbid aortic valve and the upper part of my aorta replaced two years ago (aorta measured 5.3 centimeters). Before that I did triathlons up to and including Ironman distances. A cardiologist I spoke with is concerned that if I do more than about an hour of aerobic exercise a day, what's left of my natural aorta could expand again. My question is, What does he think of that possibility? Has he had any experience with that?

Thanks,
    Richard G.
    I'll forward this question to them.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast